Wo! The fabulously stylish Nikki from Women are from Mars has labeled Moi a stylish blogger! Why thank you! Thank you very much. (Imagine me doing my very best royal wave.)
As a receiver of said Award, I have to do the following:
- Present seven things about yourself.
- Name about a half dozen bloggers you think deserve the award. Contact those people.
- Create a link back to the person who gave you the honor.
Wo! Exciting! I love things about me!
1. I am a Libra. I read my horoscope in every single magazine and newspaper I come across. Cleo’s Bachelor of the Year 2011 Calender says that I love to please. I’m rational, loyal, polite, and hate rudeness. I’m also supposed to be a peacemaker who hates conflict. (Also, I read a lot of REALLY quality literature.) (Stop laughing.)
Despite this I don’t really believe in horoscopes or the zodiac. I just think it’s fun.
2. My chinese horoscope says that I am born in the year of the Ox. Apparently Oxen possess such character traits as dependability, strength and determination.
I used to hate being an Ox, because I really wanted one of the more glamorous, fiery, exotic animals. Like Tiger! Or Dragon!! Or something small and cute and fast like Rabbit. Instead I got slow, strong, dependable Ox. I guess that’s not so bad when you think about it.
3. I spent a week in Rarotonga in November 2009. It was the best week ever. Sometimes when I’m stressed I pull out my photos of sunsets, diving, horse riding and beaches, and I imagine I’m sitting on the sand surrounded by stray dogs, trying to decide if I’m going to go snorkeling next, or if I’d rather go surf kayaking again.
The stretch of beach in the photograph above is my happy place.
4. I like New Zealand Royal Gala Apples the best – especially when they’re straight from the fridge. Braburn is my second favorite. There is nothing more disappointing than biting into a floury apple.
5. I spent half an hour on the Club Med site this morning daydreaming over the horse riding package in Pompadour, France. I also spent a good hour researching horse riding holidays, and tourism work opportunities in Mexico, South America, and the Mediterranean. I think I’m going to have to do it once I win lotto.
6. When I’m thinking, I tend not to pay attention to the stuff around me. I walked home from the gym last night, completely ensconced in my own head, thinking about exercise and depression. I got to the corner, and realised that I’d seen an Ex halfway down the street on the other side of the road. Unfortunately he’s one of the ones I care about still being nice to (as opposed to the few I wish would just drop off the face of the earth.)
Opps. I hope I wasn’t scowling at him or something. (I tend to look very serious when I’m thinking.)
I once picked up a soda can full of fire ants in Rarotonga. I’m glad Wellington doesn’t have fire ants.
As for tagging… I’m not really a tagger! BUT it would be rude of me to accept this without nominating a few stylish people along the way. So (no pressure to do the 7 things stuff) I think the following blogs are totally stylish!
- The (Single) Geek Hiker is stylish because he always takes time to come say hello, and I happen to be very fond of geeks and hikers, and and combination there-of.
- Kirsti at Melbourne on My Mind is stylish because she’s always trying new recipes from her library of cook books. (I love a good recipe challenge!)
- Jessica at Alone With Cats is stylish because she’s humorous, and not so alone, and posts a lot of cat photos – My favorite thing!
- Kelly over at Cordelia Calls it Quits is stylish because she’s reinventing her life, one quit at a time.
Who do you think is stylish? Feel free to link away in the comments, because I love finding new blogs!