- It’s hard to decide whether to be pleased your cat has killed a rat or angry that he brought it inside to show off. Disgust usually wins out.
- Running out of gas five seconds into your morning shower has the potential to make a bad morning worse.
- Vigorous wiping with a towel will not remove a thick coating of ice from your windscreen. It will leave your finger tips numb and icy though.
- Dinner parties held by candlelight seem much more luxurious than regular ones. Just don’t let on to the guests that it’s because you can’t fit the dining room table inside a room with electric lights.
- I have yet to be offered illicit home-brew from anyone living in Moonshine Valley. Perhaps I should start producing my own?
- Cold Sundays spent wrapped up in a blanket watching movies are always good – no matter where you are.