Schmutzie from Milkmoney or Not, Here I Come tagged me to do the 7 Random And/Or Weird Facts About Me meme. Just so you know this is my FIRST meme. I am a meme virgin no longer!
The rules of the game are:
- Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
7 Random And/Or Weird Facts about Shannon:
1. I love the smell of the Cancer Society Sunscreen. Its almost my favorite thing about summer. I have two giant bottles, and a smaller spray on version, as well as an after sun care lotion, just in case.
My love of sunscreen doesn’t stop me from forgetting to apply, and burning the heck out of myself at least once a summer though. Each time I get burnt I tell myself ‘Never again’, and reaffirm my love of sunscreen by cradling one of the bottles and whispering sweet nothings to it.
2. I was a marching girl. My team was called the Chameleon Blues and we did ok in competitions. I loved my little white boots, my green-blue uniform, and the rigidity of the routines. Despite how dorky it sounds now I thought it was really cool. Sometimes I marched up and down our driveway perfecting my posture and the length of my steps on a specially painted ladder, hoping that someone would see me and realise how amazingly special I was.
That was the same year I discovered my primary school religious teacher lived just down the road from me. I secretly slipped letters into his mailbox on my way home from intermediate school, apologising for how terrible my class was to him that year.
3. I love the smell of horses and leather. I associate them with good memories because I used to be a BIG horse person. I would kill to be able to ride more often, and have done treks and things at Foxton Beach, but its just not the same on a grumpy riding school pony with no will to canter.
4. Despite my love of horses, my first and only tattoo was a frog, right on the base of my neck. My next tattoo will be of three horses, dancing down the side of my rib cage. I have yet to get the horses right, and until I do I’m not going to get it done.
5. In yesterdays post I described myself as adept at packing. That was an understatement.
So far I have lived in 15 houses. Packing is one of my favorite things to do. I love throwing out stuff and starting new.
Despite all the shifting I’ve done I get super stressful finding a house. This is a development from recent years, as the student population expands and the price of decent rentals goes up. Sometimes I hate students, but not more than I hate landlords.
6. Sometimes when I was told off as a kid I’d sneak out my bedroom window and go for a walk around the block before sneaking back in. I felt like a total rebel, despite the fact that my parents would have been fine with me going for a walk.
7. I almost never remember distinct things I did as a young kid. My clearest memories are of when I was around horses, and those aren’t so much about seeing things, but about smells, textures, movements, sounds, and the overlying feeling of calm.
My favorite memory is of me in a party dress sneaking out to lie on the back of my Welsh Mountain Pony for a few minutes before my 8th or 9th birthday party. I pretended to be a princess in my dress. I can remember exactly how the ponys’ fat belly felt warm and furry against my bare legs in the chilly spring sun.
Now for the tagging people – no pressure, you don’t HAVE to do it but it would make me sad if you don’t – I choose:
Jayne from A Light in the Dark
Alice from Alice’s Wonderland
Wendy from Present your Jet
Red from DrPepper is Good 4 the Soul
Wow, seven is a lot of people…
Romi from If You Read This, I’ll Buy You Some Cake
Ben from A Ben Week
Stacey from Memoirs of Queen Bitch